Desk of Contents[Hide][Show]
A gravity water filter that sits on the counter is superb for tight budgets. It is additionally a sensible water purification resolution for these that lease, plan to transfer, or in any other case search an efficient catastrophe preparedness water purification technique.
No wholesome, sustainably-focused life-style would be full with out a fastidiously thought of water filtration technique. If cash is tight or you are in a rental scenario, a gravity water system that sits on the countertop is an efficient know-how to take into account.
Even if you already have a complete home water system or a complete water filter put in underneath the counter like we do, a gravity filter is a sensible unit to have on hand for emergencies such as prolonged power outages. Extra about this under.
What is a Gravity Water System?
The genius of gravity water filters is that they work with out electrical energy, battery power, or handbook pumping of any type.
The power that strikes the water by means of the filters is the strongest drive in the universe. It additionally prices nothing to faucet into…gravity!
All that is wanted to function this sort of filter is to pour faucet water manually into the high of the unit. The water naturally passes from this higher chamber by means of the filters underneath the strain of gravity into the decrease chamber.
At this level, the clear, filtered water is accessible through a spigot on the entrance of the filter.
There are three most important advantages of a gravity water filter.
- First of all, gravity filters are utterly moveable. Thus, they are superb for these who lease their dwelling or plan to transfer in the close to future.
- Secondly, these varieties of items require no set up. In other phrases, you don’t want to call the plumber or be exceptionally helpful to get them up and operating. Merely unbox, assemble on the counter, and they are prepared to use instantly.
- Third, gravity techniques do not want a power supply to function. Thus, they are sensible to have on hand for emergencies. This is the case even if you personal your dwelling or already have a more everlasting sort of water filtration unit.
Our household has a gravity filter, for instance, as part of our storm preparedness technique. If we lose power, we can nonetheless filter our water… even drawing it by bucket instantly out of the lake in the yard if mandatory!
Options to Look For
The very best high quality gravity water filters (such as this one) are made from excessive grade polished chrome steel together with the spigot at the backside.
The filters ought to be made of ceramic that is impregnated with silver to forestall pathogenic microbial progress. The know-how must also be complete sufficient to take away fluoride proper out of the field.
In other phrases, there ought to be no want to purchase further filtration capability to take away fluoride.
The filters ought to be examined and licensed to take away not solely chlorine, but additionally trihalomethanes like chloramine, fluoride, heavy metals, VOCs, prescription drugs, and chemical substances like glyphosate.
Which Sort of Gravity Filter is Greatest?
When people ask me about gravity filters, I advocate this mannequin as the finest worth for the cash whether or not you stay in an condo, apartment, or single household dwelling.
These of you who have learn this weblog for many years may keep in mind that I used to advocate the Berkey. Whereas there is actually nothing fallacious with a Berkey, I now advocate the Radiant Life Gravity Filter for these two causes.
- The filter know-how is superior. The Radiant Life gravity filter removes fluoride from water with out the want for buying further add-on filters. This reduces whole out-of-pocket value, set up time, and improves the unit’s effectivity. Related techniques on the market require further filters to take away fluoride that match under the high water filter in the higher chamber of the canister.
- The Radiant Life gravity filter comes commonplace with a chrome steel spigot versus a plastic or low cost steel possibility. These decrease high quality spigots have the potential to degrade over time and flake microscopic toxins into the filtered water.
Have you thought of including a gravity filter to your repertoire of dwelling well being know-how? After struggling by means of an prolonged power outage a number of years in the past and worrying whether or not our household had sufficient drinkable water on hand for days on finish, I would by no means take into account being with out one!